Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Round Up

Whew! Easter is over, thank goodness. Did the Easter Bunny visit you? I know he was at my friend's home this afternoon. I didn't have my phone on me so I couldn't take a picture but there was an actual photographer there (my husband and I had to take photos with good old EB,) so I may be able to provide some evidence of his existence. In case you are wondering, he wears a purple vest that has eggs embroidered on it.

I have been so busy this past month that it really isn't funny, and I'm not ready for a break yet. I still have 2, possibly 3 projects to complete before mid-May and then I should finally be able to rest my poor Breville for a while. My poor stand mixer (the 2nd mixer in 3 years thanks to my Kitchen Aid Pro Series breaking on me!) has been busy churning out cookie dough, cake batter, frostings, fillings and icing! But, once everything was baked and frosted we had an Easter that made the kids, both young and old, happy.



Cookie pop pot - one of the easiest projects of the week! Bake cookies on a stick, decorate. Buy a pot kit, cover with scrapbook paper. Insert cookies, done!


This Easter Bunny got a little too excited about the candy and fell head first into the barrel!



Bunny ear cookies - these are missing the photo of the finished project. They were bunny cupcakes a la Sugarbelle. Very cute. May have to ask the photographer for that picture.


Decorated chocolate dipped Oreos.

My second foray into disco dust. Still a little unsure about this element.


The Peep family! I don't know about you but mainstream Peeps are not my favorite. Last year I made my own out of homemade marshmallow, this year the cookie version, next year...still unsure.


Let's just ignore these bunnies. They're a little upset right now. I think someone stole their eggs and I'm pretty it's the dude in the candy barrel.

"Please don't decorate me! I'm ready to come out now!"

That's it for now. I'm exhausted and headed to bed. Thank goodness my hubby took pity on me and washed the dishes. Tomorrow we embark on the next project. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment