Friday, June 11, 2010

Baby "Crocs"



I made the cutest little shoes last week. Yes, I made SHOES. Not shoes that anyone would want to wear, but they were pretty darn cute. These shoes were going to be a decoration for a baby shower cake that alas, was not meant to be. Okay, to be fair, the shower will still happen but just not this weekend so that means the cookies favors will be introduced to my trash can since they will not survive - darn my efficient border-line OCD ways!

Anyway, back to the shoes. Thanks to the genius of makatralsy (I know, you're probably thinking "Who??" but it's okay, I know who I'm talking about so just go with it,) I had the cutest pictures to work from. I made a trial shoe and then went to town.

I'd show you the individual pieces of the shoes as they were put together...if I had taken any pics of the process. As it stands, I only managed to take 1 little pic of the process and then some of the completed shoes.

After each piece was added and it had dried, I had the cutest little life-size shoes a baby has never worn.



The shoes are completely edible, but since they are made out of gumpaste, I wouldn't recommend it. Not only are they very hard, it probably wouldn't taste very good. If you'd like to try it, though, I still have the practice one. We'll just have to get you to sign a waiver first clearing me from having to pay for any dental work you may need.

In case you are wondering why orange, I'd love to say the parents are huge Mario Batalli/Iron Chef fans (you know, before the Food Network decided to drop his shows and he left IC,) but really, it's because the parents-to-be haven't found out the baby's gender and I was using trying to stay away from green and yellow. And orange is such a bright, cheery color don't you think? Or it could be my construction wife side coming through again.

No comments:

Post a Comment