Thursday, January 13, 2011

Hello, hello! It's been a while. :o(

Oh my gosh, I am SUCH a bag blogger! In my defense - I went on a quick trip, I've had friends in town, I've been sick, then my husband got sick and worst of all, my Kitchen Aid died. YES, it died! Can you believe it?? KA's are not supposed to break or die, especially not after only 2 quick years. I must have gotten a defective machine. At least I still have my back-up KA although I have to say that after using the KA Pro, my poor back-up machine seems doll sized.

Here are some of the projects I have tried out since you saw me last:


Simple Halloween cupcake guaranteed to make the recipient smile. (How could you not? Just look at that face!)


My first attempt at playing with my KopyKake. In my typical fashion, I of course had to have something difficult in there. It isn't as clean as I would like, even after using a 0 and a 00 tip but it still turned out fun. If you don't happen to agree just nod your head. I won't be able to hear you and will assume we are on the same page.

Bacon Pecan Caramel Corn. 'Nuff said. Yum!

Bacon Caramel - yes, I was definitely on a bacon kick. Bacon goes with everything. Whoever says different needs a piece of this candy, STAT.

Caramel Pillows - marshmallows with caramel dipped in whatever yumminess you have on hand. These are toffee, coconut, and pecan. Now, I'm not a huge fan of coconut but these smelled so good! They also travel well. I sent some of these guys to Colorado and some to the East Coast and they all made it okay. Of course, everyone is snowed in on the mainland so that could have helped them stay fresh too.



That's what I've been up to the past few months. Hopefully I will have a new mixer that isn't doll-like. I have some fun (I think so anyway,) ideas in my head and I would like to play with them. Also, I'd like to try my hand at cakes again.

Here's hoping for a great new year! If not, Chinese New Year is on February 3 so maybe I'll just ask for a do over...

No comments:

Post a Comment