Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wedding Favors

A couple of months ago a good friend of my husband's asked me if I knew of anything she could do bake and make herself as a wedding favor. Since she is the bride, I couldn't very well just let her make all of these cookies herself when she also had a new baby at home. She is having an Asian inspired wedding and asked for a cookie with 3 tiers and flowers. Simple, yes? I drew up a design and scanned it over and we settled on a cookie with different sized flowers scattered across the cake and "ribbons" at the base of each tier. I didn't really want to pipe and flood all the cookies (hey, it takes FOREVER...and I'm not very good at it yet) so we also decided on MMF instead of royal icing and the accents would be made out of Fondarific. Good? Good! So this is what we came up with:


This was the size comparison - the left is a 3" cookie, and the right is 4". I like the tiers better on the larger cookie myself but the bride likes the 3" cutter, though so that is what we are using. It's by Wilton if you are interested and comes as a set of 4 wedding themed cutters.

However, genius that I am (this is being typed with a hugely exaggerated eyeroll,) while shopping recently I found something that I like better and have now pretty much scrapped this entire plan only to replace it with a much more time consuming cookie. Ugh. Someone shoot me. I need to know when to just leave it alone. I mean, these cookies are cute, right? Of course, these were just playing around so the actual favors would have been much neater and more consistent. I am now going back to the drawing board to figure out how long these new cookies are going to take me. BTW, yes, I do have issues but the new ones really look good!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment